Enjoy this superfood salad with a refreshing lemon vinaigrette dressing.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, large spears (cut into 1′ pieces)
- ½ yellow or red bell pepper (cut into ½’ pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1½ cups dry quinoa (cooked according to package directions)
- For the lemon vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and whisk; set aside.
- Cut vegetables as directed.
- Heat grill and grilling tray.
- Place vegetables and shrimp in a large bowl; add about ⅓ of the vinaigrette (about 3 tablespoons) and toss.
- Spread shrimp-vegetable mixture over hot grilling tray.
- Grill, turning shrimp and vegetables, until the flesh of the shrimp is an opaque color (about 5 to 6 minutes); remove from grill.
- Serve grilled mixture over cooked quinoa and drizzle with vinaigrette.
Nutritional information per serving: 33 g protein; 62 g carbohydrates; 7 g dietary fiber; 570 mg sodium.
Recipe courtesy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, recipefinder.nal.usda.gov.