Last week’s UNC REX Health Talk focused on ‘Healthy Holiday Eating.’ UNC REX Executive Chef Ryan Conklin and registered dietitians Shelly Wegman and Mary Gray Hutchison joined host Sharon Delaney to take questions from the online audience and showcase a delicious and healthy holiday dish.
Check out the step-by-step video and recipe below!
Roasted Butternut Squash and Kale Salad with Citrus Walnut Vinaigrette
5 cups of Kale- Washed and trimmed
2 Cups- dice butternut squash
½ cup Dried Cranberries
1 apple- peeled and diced
¼ cup- Goat Cheese
2 oz Orange Juice
3 oz Olive Oil
1 ½ T Walnuts Chopped Finely
1/2 tsp- Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp- Orange Zest
1/2 T Sugar
1/2 T Lemon Juice
1 T Cider Vinegar
2 tsp T Freshly chopped tarragon
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. For the dressing, add all ingredients into medium sized bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Roast Butternut Squash with Small amount of EVOO, Salt & pepper at 350 for 15-18 minutes, and allow to cool.
3. Wash and trim kale, and let it marinate in dressing for about two-three hours.
4. Add apples, cheese, and cranberries to the salad and toss well.
5. Season with salt & pepper.
Check out the full episode of UNC REX Health Talk here!