Grilled chicken is a summertime classic, and so is a tall glass of iced tea. Put them together and you’ve got a meal that is sure to be a hit. With this recipe, your chicken will be so tender and juicy that you can leave the barbecue sauce in the fridge.
- 2 tea bags
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of salt
- ¼ cup of brown sugar (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Instructions for Preparing Sweet Tea Chicken
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tea bags and let steep for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Add the juice of one lemon, salt, brown sugar, garlic and pepper to create a brine.
- Place chicken breasts in a large, sealable plastic bag. Pour the brine over the chicken.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Place the chicken on a well-oiled grill over medium heat. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with a tall glass of iced tea!
Looking for other grill recipes? Try our veggie dip or even a banana split—yes, made on the grill!