A lighter take on an Italian classic! Swapping the pasta for zucchini in this recipe gives you all the flavor of Chicken Alfredo without all the carbohydrates – and adds fiber, too.
- 3 zucchini cut into strips with a vegetable peeler or spiraled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place zucchini slices or spirals in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes, or microwave them for a few seconds until soft.
- Heat olive oil to medium-high in a large skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, sea salt and cayenne pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet. Let cool and then cut into pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium and add butter to the skillet. Once melted, add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Stir with a whisk to help combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic and Parmesan and cook until Parmesan is melted. Stir in chicken, zucchini noodles and parsley and cook for 2 more minutes, until warm.