Whip up some homemade veggie dip with low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese and a blend of spices. Whether it’s for a potluck with friends or just a quick snack for the family, this easy-to-make side dish works for any occasion!
Number of servings: 8
Per serving: 20 calories, 0 g total fat, 0 g saturated fat, 4 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g dietary fiber, 190 mg sodium.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion (chopped very fine)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Measure cottage cheese and put in bowl or blender.
- Beat with a fork or mixer, or in a blender, until cottage cheese is smooth.
- Add the other ingredients. Stir together.
- Store the dip in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
- Serve with slices of raw vegetables such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, zucchini, broccoli, turnips, cauliflower or green pepper.