Savory pork skewers with a fresh peach salsa are a great way to liven up dinner. You can bring a bit of summer to your plate by using frozen peaches when they’re not in season.
Serve over a salad, couscous or nestled in a warm pita. Serves 6.
- Fresh or frozen peach slices (diced): 1½ cups
- Fresh tomatoes (diced): ½ cup
- Onions (diced): ½ cup
- Cilantro (chopped): ¼ cup
- Lime juice: 2 tablespoons
- Crushed red pepper flakes: 1 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil: 2 teaspoons
- Pork loin, boneless (trimmed of excess fat): 1½ pounds
- Chili powder: 2 tablespoons
- Cumin: 2 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper: ½ teaspoon each
- Combine peaches, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, lime juice, pepper flakes and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Mix until evenly combined.
- Set aside and let marinate for at least one hour so the flavors can combine.
- Cut pork into 1½-inch cubes.
- Toss with chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper until coated with spices.
- Place pork on skewers, four cubes per skewer. If you do not have skewers, you can cook on the stovetop with a bit of oil.
- Grill or roast skewers at medium heat until fully cooked. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends a minimum temperature of 145 degrees for pork loin.
- Top pork skewers with peach salsa.
Make it a Meal
- Serve pork and peach salsa on a garden salad.
- Steam couscous and top with the pork and peach salsa.
- Try a new kind of sandwich by adding pork and salsa to a pita with fresh lettuce.