Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that help you stay healthy. This cedar plank smoked salmon is delicious and easy to cook on the grill with just a few ingredients. The cedar plank takes it to the next level by adding a unique woodsy flavor. You can find the boards at your local hardware store or on Amazon.
Serve over brown rice or quinoa and pair it with your favorite vegetable for a nutrient-packed meal the whole family will love.
- 1 filet fresh salmon (approx. 2 pounds)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or wasabi mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cedar plank soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Lay salmon skin-side down on cedar plank.
- Rub filet with mustard, spreading evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with brown sugar and spread evenly.
- Place cedar directly over hot coals and allow to cook. Cover grill and smoke for 10-15 minutes or until fish easily flakes with a fork. If the board catches on fire, simply douse with water.
Looking for another fish recipe? Try our grilled whole red snapper wrapped in banana leaf.